How would we know when it was time to move from TEI/XML to TEI/JSON?
- A common format for storing and communicating Texts and augmentations of Texts (Transcriptions, Manuscript Description, Critical Apparatus, Authority Control, etc, etc.).
- A body of documentation for shared use and understanding of that format.
- A method of validating Texts in the format as being in the format.
- A method of transforming Texts in the format for computation, display or migration.
- The ability to reuse the work of other communities so we don't have to build everything for ourselves (Unicode, IETF language tags, URIs, parsers, validators, outsourcing providers who are tooled up to at least have a conversation about what we're trying to do, etc)