Sunday 4 May 2008

Tinkering with ohloh

I've been tinkering with www.ohloh.net, which is probably best described as a web 2.0 freshmeat. Rather than tracking manually-updated releases it relies on automatically detected updates to version control repositories, RSS and geo-urls. It relies on wiki like editing rather than the strict ownership rules of freshmeat. ohloh does automatic language detection and source code analysis based on the version control repository and attributes individual commits to specific developers and their ohloh user account.

I've added and am actively curating a group of go/baduk projects. The overall goal is to encourage reuse and reduce the willingness of hackers to rewrite go/baduk systems from scratch.

My next step on the technical side is to write some GRDDL (Gleaning Resource Descriptions from Dialects of Languages) to transform the XML returned by the API into RDF, which I can them import into simal.

My next step on the social side is to mention what I'm doing in some of the go/baduk mailing lists, but I want to wait until I've got something concrete to provide that Sensei's Library (the current repository of information about go/baduk programs) hasn't already got.

1 comment:

hanayeol said...

Hi, invite baduk blog
http://hanayeol.blogspot.com